Contact: Chris Pierno
Advancement & Marketing Manager
(301) 448-1880 x306
Catholic Apostolate Center continues to prepare for USCCB Convocation
From July 1-4 in Orlando, Florida, the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops has invited clergy and lay leaders to assess the pastoral challenges and opportunities of our time, particularly in the context of the Church in the United States.
Due to its unique mission, the Catholic Apostolate Center has been invited to participate in the Convocation and collaborate with the USCCB on several key elements:
- Fr. Frank Donio, S.A.C., Director of the Catholic Apostolate Center, is speaking at the Convocation at the invitation of the bishops' organizing committee. He will be participating in a panel discussion on evangelization and missionary discipleship.
- The Center is also participating in the program planning committee and contributing to the development of the Program Guide Book, which will be used by all participants.
- Webinars will be hosted by the Center to prepare for the Convocation:
Evangelii Gaudium as the Foundation for the Convocation
Monday, May 8, 2017
A Participants Guide to Prepare for the Convocation
Tuesday, May 30, 2017
- Staff from the Center will be exhibiting at the Convocation, sharing resources and tools for pastoral leaders.
- The Center is a sponsor of the Convocation at the benefactor level.
The Convocation developed out of a call from the entire body of bishops in the United States to hold an event that would, "embrace the full vision of what it means to be Catholic and fully engaged in the Church's mission of evangelization and to proclaim the Church's vision of the human person." While the Convocation is invitation only, each bishop will have the opportunity to send a diocesan delegation. More information about this important event in the life of the Church in the United States can be found on the USCCB's website.
The Catholic Apostolate Center is a ministry of the Society of the Catholic Apostolate (Pallottines) - Immaculate Conception Province. It was founded in 2011 to respond to the needs of the Church through developing - in collaboration with dioceses and other institutions and organizations - formation programs for the New Evangelization; assisting pastoral leaders in deepening collaboration with one another; and providing formation opportunities for members and collaborators of the Union of Catholic Apostolate.
The Center takes its inspiration from the spirituality of St. Vincent Pallotti and achieves its goals through hosting conferences, seminars, webinars, and presentations as well as providing online and print resources.