Resources from the Catholic Apostolate Center
Episode 6: Christian Unity – New Evangelization
Fr. Frank discusses Christian unity and what that means for the concept of the New Evangelization. How can all Christians engage in the life of faith?
Question: What is the ecumenical movement? How does the new evangelization tie into it?
Episode 17: New Evangelization – Who is evangelized?
Fr. Frank discusses the New Evangelization and which groups of people are being targeted when we talk about this. He talks about how we can help people be evangelized by identifying those who should be evangelized.
Question: When we hear ‘New Evangelization,’ who is it that we are evangelizing to and how can we accomplish this?
Episode 19: New Evangelization - Social Media
Fr. Frank discusses the impact of social media in promoting the mission of the New Evangelization. Fr. talks about the impact that social media can have in spiritual formation and evangelization.
Question: How can our social media presence make a positive impact in promoting the Catholic faith?
Evangelii Gaudium: Moving the Church from Maintenance to Mission
In his apostolic exhortation, Evangelii Gaudium, Pope Francis invites all to a personal encounter with Jesus Christ. We are not to keep the faith to ourselves, but are sent as missionary disciples to transform the world to Christ. We are all called to be Spirit-filled disciples, not in a maintenance mode but rather a missionary one (Evangelii Gaudium,118-120,259-262). How can we accomplish this call to be a missionary disciple today?
Evangelii Nuntiandi: A Living Document for Evangelization in the Digital Age
Pope Francis has called Blessed Pope Paul VI’s Document on Evangelization, Evangellii Nuntiandi “the greatest pastoral document that has ever been written.” As we celebrate its 40 year anniversary, Jonathan will unpack key themes and discuss how it continues to provide practical insights into our call to be evangelizers in the Digital Age.
Missionary Apostles for the 21st Century
Pope Francis wants a church of missionary disciples. Does that include you? Dr. Susan Timoney, of the Archdiocese of Washington and Catholic Apostolate Center Advisor, will discuss the vocation and mission of the Laity in the work of evangelization as shaped by Evangelii Nuntiandi and Evangnelii Gaudium.
New Pope, New Evangelization – New Way of Being Church?
View the webinar for a conversation about Pope Francis, what he's telling us about the New Evangelization, and what it means to be a "missionary disciple."
Additional Links and Resources
- Reviving faith and rekindling charity, while forming apostles - Sponsored CRUX Article on the mission of the Catholic Apostolate Center
- New Evangelization Through Collaboration - Catechetical Leader magazine article by Fr. Frank Donio, S.A.C. and Barbara McCrabb, Catholic Apostolate Center Advisor
- Christian Culture Series Interview with Cardinal Donald W. Wuerl - Salt + Light Television
- Cardinal Wuerl: The Catholic Ideal of Solidarity and the New Evangelization - Salt + Light Blog
- The New Evangelization: Hospitality is at the Heart - Article by Reverend Monsignor Andrew Dubois (2012)
- So That the World May Know New Hope - Address by Cardinal Raymond Burke to the Knights of Columbus (2011)
- Laity for the New Evangelization - Article by Cardinal Stanislaw Rylko, President of the Pontifical Council for the Laity
- Nurturing the Evangelizing Identity of the Laity - Video of Breakout Session by Susan M. Timoney, Catholic Apostolate Center Advisor
- A Brief Reflection on the Intellectual Tasks of the New Evangelization - John C. Cavadini, University of Notre Dame
- The Intellectual Tasks of the New Evangelization (Liturgy as Mediated Immediacy: Sacramentality and Enacted Words) - Msgr. Kevin W. Irwin, The Catholic University of America
- The Use of Scripture in the New Evangelization - Frank J. Matera, The Catholic University of America
- A Catholic campaign: ‘The new evangelization’ - Michelle Boorstein, Washington Post
- Father Barron’s seven tips for New Evangelization - Fr. Robert Barron, Our Sunday Visitor
- The New Evangelization: The Genius of the Popes - Fr. David Barnes, A Shepherd's Post
- Cardinal Filoni: "Pope Francis exhorts us to evangelize with apostolic zeal" - Vatican News
- Catholic Information Service
- University of Notre Dame - Oblation Blog
- University of Notre Dame - Church Life: A Journal for the New Evangelization
- University of Notre Dame - A Brief Reflection on the Intellectual Tasks of the New Evangelization
Fr. Frank Donio, S.A.C., Director of the Catholic Apostolate Center, discussing Pope Francis and his use of Twitter and social media for the New Evangelization
Credit: EWTN News Nightly